Difference between MC371CH/A and MC371LL/A

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hitch1, Sep 4, 2010.

1. hitch1 macrumors newbie

Hello,
    A guy at my school wants to sell me a Pretty new MC371CH/A Macbook Pro.. 15.3" and all the good stuff. He's a Chinese student and bought the laptop in China.

It is not* one of those bootlegs that are running windows.. everything about it is right.

I was just trying to figure out what the difference between the CH and the LL in the scu means. Does the CH just mean that it was a Chinese version?

Can I still register it and itunes on it?

Just wondering what to do.

Thanks!

2. ouimetnick macrumors 68020

ouimetnick

The MacBook Pro never came with a 15.3" display.

3. mulo macrumors 68020

mulo

looks just to be where it is bought from if you google the CH version, all you get is chinese pages.

4. hitch1 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm sorry 15.3 was a typo. I meant 15.4

At any rate, so you think it's the same thing as the (LL) version?

Thanks, I'll look more into it. It's a decent deal, he's selling it to get a scooter of all things haha

5. drambuie macrumors 6502a

Before you buy, make sure the keyboard layout, user interface, and applications are English versions. The documentation will most likely be in Chinese. I don't know about OSX, but for non English versions of MS Windows PCs, the keyboard layout and OS/GUI, are in the language of the country where sold.

6. hitch1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ahh, yes that's a good point. When I see him on Tuesday, I'll make sure to check that out.