Difference between PBG4 and MBP design wise? Where to buy a PBG4?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mokeyboy128, Mar 10, 2008.

1. mokeyboy128 macrumors member

I was wondering if there is any big difference's between the Powerbook g4's design (15 inch) and the macbook pro's design? From some of the pictures ive seen they look identical to me!?!?

Also i am looking to buy a Powerbook g4 for around $700-$800... do you know any good sites that meet this range? (besides ebay of coarse!)

2. Adokimus macrumors 6502a

Adokimus

Um, not much. I believe the MBP is thinner and wider and has a built-in iSight, the PB has plastic on the side of the lid for antennas, and the ports are different, with the lack of a mag-safe being the most visible.

http://ant.sillydog.org/blog/2006/001138.php

On a side-note, I hope you're not making a decision between the PB and MBP solely on looks.

As for where to buy, I would try craigslist.com and make sure that you do an in-person exchange in a public place after testing the machine. Other than that, there are many reseller stores online.

3. mokeyboy128 thread starter macrumors member

No, i am defiantly not making the decision solely on looks. The MBP obviously has so much more power than the PB. I just really love the design of MBP and thought the next best thing to the design is a PB.

I don't need anything too powerful. I'm just looking to do some recording with pro tools on the road with my band and doing some occasional video editing with imovie.

I'm a college student on a budget therefore cannot afford anything too expensive.

4. Cousin Dirk macrumors 6502a

The keyboard is different too, they have removed the numberpad from under the uio/jkl/m,. keys and changed the enter key next to the right Command button into an Option button. Personally I don't think you need two option buttons, but there you go.

5. davinche macrumors regular

davinche

Have you checked the Marketplace on the forum? I've seen PBs on there in that range in the past.

6. cherry su macrumors 65816

cherry su