difference between psp 1001k and the other ones?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by thechidz, Dec 26, 2007.

1. thechidz macrumors 68000

thechidz

so I just ordered a used psp 1001k just so I can play virtua tennis 3. I'm not a hard core games I just love that game. What is the difference between the various psp consoles out there? So far I've seen the 1001k, 2000 and slim.

Also, is it possible to hook a psp up to a larger screen?

Thanks

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

100x models are the old PSP "phat" systems. The X representing the region it's from.

200x are the slim models. Again the X represting the region. Only this model has TV-out.

3. thechidz thread starter macrumors 68000

thechidz

ok thanks. So the only way to get it to a monitor is probably hacking it or something?

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

There's no fully working method yet. The closest hackers have got is by sticking some huge device over the PSP with a camera built inside it. It just outputs that image onto a TV.

The big differences between the Slim and Phat are the Slim has better screen quality, much lighter, more responsive buttons, games load faster, better wifi signal, progressive TV-out. But lacks full homebrew capability, an infrared port and it might also be more delicate since they removed the internal metal framing to get it lighter.