Difference between SGP screen protectors?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Penryn Pun, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Penryn Pun macrumors newbie

What's the difference between the SGP Steinheil EX Series Ultra Crystal and the SGP Incredible Shield Series Ultra Coat?

What's the SGP Incredible Shield Series 4.0?

2. Penryn Pun thread starter macrumors newbie

I want to purchase the SGP Ultra Crystal but I want to know the difference between the two before I do. Can anyone help please?

3. spyda macrumors 6502a

spyda

4. Penryn Pun thread starter macrumors newbie

how come the Incredible costs more than the Stenheil?

5. icecrystal23 macrumors 6502

The IncredibleShield back and sides are Zagg-like material. The EX comes with a hard film for the back and urethane pieces for the sides.

I personally wasn't overly impressed with the EX sides and back (the back didn't adhere completely and the side material was very cheap feeling).

If front/back protection is all you need I would recommend the PowerSupport front/back set. If you need side protection too, then maybe the IncredibleShield is worth a shot (be aware that the soft-film parts for the sides and back will have the orange-peel effect).

BestSkinsEver offers Zagg-style protection for much less if you wanted to get a Steinheil front shield from SGP.

6. baller1308 macrumors 6502a

If you want a screen protector then just go with a screen protector. I used to have, well I guess I still do, the incredible shield but the bottom part that protects the band was starting to peel off so I just removed it altogether. Plus, my phone fits more snugly in my Pixelskin HD.

7. rapaleeman macrumors 6502

I believe the Incredible is the wet install for the back while the other is the full dry install all around.

The set (http://www sgpstore.com/product_info.php/cPath/21_28_89/products_id/1453) actually comes with a Crystal clear front film which is dry for the front and then the wet for the back.

The other one (the EX ultra crystal) is a dry install all around.

You can tell the difference because the Incredible comes with the solution spary.

Personally I got the Ultra Matte (http://www sgpstore.com/product_info.php/cPath/21_28_89/products_id/1454). I dumped the clear screen shield and actually got a Power Support Anti Glare since for some reason that kit didn't come with an anti-fingerprint front piece which is downright odd.

The Ultra Matte back show zero in the way of fingerprints and is a lot easier to install (it does use the spary). Since it isn't clear, if there is a speck of dust it actually doesn't show up so you don't have to be absolutely perfect to get a great looking back panel. Not to mention it sticks to nothing. Not even lint. The clear "wet" protection pieces usually attract way more lint in my experience, even when you get a perfect install.

As for the front, I went with Power Support because a) their anti-fingerprint looks better to me and b) it has 2 seperate cutouts for the camera and earpiece making it easier to install.

All the SGP ones I've install (and other brands that use the one cut out as well) have all had a very slight lift around the earpiece. I am very picky and that truly bothered me.

Power Support also has held up a little better for me, but I'm rough on my device. The Power Support has been through some tough scrapes and a couple of falls, yet has no marks on it at all.