Difference Between the Power Support Crystal and Anti-Glare Film

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by TheBrainMcClain, Aug 16, 2008.

1. TheBrainMcClain macrumors member

TheBrainMcClain

What are the main differences? Is one more durable or clearer? Are there any differences other than the glare amount? And is the crystal glarey at all?

2. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

The crystal shows your fingerprints and smudges like nothing else. The anti-glare gives the screen a bit of a distortion but not enough to make me not want to use it.

3. tjespo22 macrumors 6502a

tjespo22

the crystal one is perfectly clear and u can see fingerprins but not as bad as on the bare screen. The anti glare is almost like a frosted look and it barely shows fingerprints and helps when your outside.
    Hope that helps.
    Espo

4. TheBrainMcClain thread starter macrumors member

TheBrainMcClain

So would you recommend the anti-glare or crystal? And do they have to be cleaned with a glasses cloth (which I always have on me anyways) or can they be cleaned with something like a shirt without scratching?

5. hsleiman macrumors regular

I have the anti glare and I love it. If you can deal with having your screen look a little sparkly I would go with that because it reduces finger prints 90%. You can wipe it on your shirt I do it all the time.

6. TheBrainMcClain thread starter macrumors member

TheBrainMcClain

What do you mean by sparkly? Would it be okay for watching videos, or does the anti-glare coating get in the way of it?

7. hsleiman macrumors regular

the only time you can really tell is if you are on a screen with a white background. The screen just appears to shimmer a bit. I personally don't find it distracting but I would recommend looking at one in person.

8. TheBrainMcClain thread starter macrumors member

TheBrainMcClain

So for someone like me, who cleans their glasses every 15 minutes, would the crystal be better? And how glarey is the crystal?

9. zer0tails macrumors 65816

zer0tails

The crystal is not glaring at all. I highly recommend it, and used it twice. I'm not sure why people bother putting anti-glare films on it etc. it just takes away from the beauty of that bright gorgeous screen. We spend all this money on a nice screen, we should enjoy it. Of course protect it as well, but with a reasonable compromise. The crystal film complements the iphone's screen very well.

Unfortunately, it does collect smudges but it's not so bad, and better to have smudges there than on the main iPhone's screen.

I do wish it was cut more precise as well.

10. plasmo macrumors member

The anti-glare film is great. It actually makes finger swipes and touching the screen very smooth and in my opinion makes it a "better screen" than without the film! I like the "hassle free" feeling of not constantly cleaning the smudges off the screen as well.