Difference Between The Two

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by coolwierdo, Apr 25, 2014.

1. coolwierdo, Apr 25, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2014

coolwierdo macrumors member

Ok im tryin to budget my monthly bills and i wanted to know what are the difference between AT&T Go Services vs Someone with AT&T service with a contract? I've noticed with the att go phone plans they have great deals with international calling vs the contract side of att don't. are the data speeds the same? could i port my number over from the contract side to the prepaid side? i also saw for $60 unlimited talk text 2.5gb of data with hotspot capabilities. so whats the catch?:confused::confused:

2. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

Is your contract up? If not, leaving the contract to go with pre paid would require you to pay an ETF on the contract.

3. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

I have a go phone plan on a 5S. Yes, you can port your number to a pre-pay plan. Personally, the difference between the two is that the go-phone plans are very basic plans. They are a sort of "a la carte" plans where you can select and choose certain plans based on your usage and upgrade them accordingly.

4. coolwierdo thread starter macrumors member

data speeds are the same? are there any options to get 5gb of data?

----------

Folks with Go Phone service feel free to chime in with stories and reviews

5. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

It should be the same speeds. I don't think you can get 5GB on the go phone plans. Here is the link:
    http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/plans/prepaidplans.html
    You're restricted to what they offer. 1GB is the max. Anything higher, you'll be going into contract territory. Also, when I went into ATT to get a go phone plan, they offered me some other choices that were not part of the items listed here in this link. They may be able to customize a plan that fits your needs. Go into an ATT Store and inquire.