Difference between UK & US Macbook pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by H17 ESH, Aug 9, 2008.

1. H17 ESH macrumors newbie

Hi there,

Ive just bought a MacBook Pro 17" 2.5GHz Intel Core 2 Duo/2GB/250.

It turns out it is from the US. I dfidnt know this as it was advertised as UK. Im thinking whether to gicve it back.

Can some one tell me the exact differences pleas? I know that the keyboard is slightly different, is it just the "£" sign thats not on there? The plug is also different, as it has an adapter.

Ther product is still under warranty as I have asked apple about it.

Are there any issues I might face later? software/hardware?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

The only differences are the keyboard and the "prongs" section of the power adaptor: there are no software differences between the US and UK version or other hardware differences.

3. chriscl macrumors 6502

chriscl

Yep, the only differences are that the UK keyboard has a £ sign (instead of the #) and the adapter on the end of the UK power supply has a three-pin UK plug.

Other than that, and some minor in-box paperwork, they are the same machine, operating system and all.

4. VideoFreek macrumors 6502

VideoFreek

Here is a good overview of various keyboard layouts, on which you can see the difference between US and UK layouts. If you are a touch typist, you might find the differences annoying, particularly with respect to the size and shape of the enter/return key.