Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

De5

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 23, 2012
What's the difference between a unibody macbook pro or classic macbook pro? I tried googling, no luck.

DayVe3000

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2012
England
"Unibody";
300px-13%E2%80%9C_MacBook_Pro_Mid_2012.jpg

"Classic";
220px-MacBook_Pro_situated_on_a_wooden_table.jpg

De5

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 23, 2012
I feel so sooo so damn stupid. I always would say I had a "cMbp" instead of a uMbp when I needed help. Damnit... Thanks though guys...

DayVe3000

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2012
England
No too worry mate,

I see enough people refer to a "cMBP" as a MBP which has a none Retina display.

As long as you provide abit your MBP's release information (IE Mid 2009). Im sure there will be plenty of people with the knowledge of what model you have.

It does beg the question where this whole "rMBP" came from - Apple certainly dont appear to refer to it as a "rMBP" anywhere!?

Schranke

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2010
Copenhagen, Denmark
think the short name of rMBP started in the forum.
there were the "classic model" cMBP and then the "uni model" uMBP cam.
and some were down the line uni became a classic and we were in need of something to shorten the Macbook Pro With Retina down to, witch became rMBP to hold the line of the rest XD

chrise2

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2012
Thanks for clearing that up. I wasn't sure what the difference was either because there's only retina and non-retina current Macbook pros. Forums should have a glossary at the top for all of the made up acronyms they use. :)

Ploki

macrumors 601
Jan 21, 2008
I feel so sooo so damn stupid. I always would say I had a "cMbp" instead of a uMbp when I needed help. Damnit... Thanks though guys...

uMBP got dropped in favour of cMBP on this forums. It's stupid imo.
cMBP uMBP and rMBP would've worked.

robvas

macrumors 68040
Mar 29, 2009
USA

Nobody really acknowledges the existance of the old non-unibody models anymore.

cMBP = the 'classic' and the rMBP is the Retina.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.