Other Difference between X and XS

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kevjen888, Sep 12, 2018.

1. kevjen888 macrumors 6502a

besides the faster processor, better camera, are there any other improvements XS over the X? XS comes with 4 GB of RAM, does X have that as well?

2. nortonandreev macrumors 6502a

nortonandreev

X has 3GB, but most probably u’ll never be able to tell the difference between them.

3. roncron macrumors 6502

roncron

X owner here. The Xs has a faster chip, better camera, better/faster FaceID, and a new color option. There are a lot of little things that will be important to some people but I probably won't notice in my everyday usage.

For me, these upgrades aren't important enough to me to justify the expense -- and it is a really expensive phone.

I bought my X through the Apple iPhone upgrade program. If I keep it one more year, it'll be paid off and I can sell it for $400 or so, and put that toward the XI or whatever they'll call the 2019 model.

4. Malcster macrumors 6502a

Not enough to justify moving from the X for me certainly, iOS12 runs extremely well still on it.. I suspect 13 will as well. Am going to wait and see what they do hardware wise next year.

5. catean macrumors 6502

catean

I upgraded from the X to the Xs for the eSIM. I am traveling a lot and to keep my phone number in the physical slot and use data from the global carriers (GigSky, TruPhone, Ubigi) with the eSIM saves me a lot of money, more than the price of the new iPhone.