Difference in Photoshop speed using MacBook 2.2MHz vs. MBP 2.4MHz?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DHart, Jan 21, 2008.

1. DHart macrumors 6502

DHart

I'm considering buying a current MacBook 2.2GHz vs. current MBP 2.4 GHz. I know there are other hardware differences besides processor speed to consider as well. Smaller screen with MB, less room for pallets, etc. This will NOT be my primary image editing machine by any means, just for occasional Photoshop use.... and mostly used for internet use where speed isn't important.

The cost of the MBP is really quite a bit more than I really want to spend... so I'm curious how much of a speed loss I would notice in using Photoshop on a MB vs. the MBP. Assume both machines loaded with 4 GB RAM.

I tried to find some speed test comparisons (can anyone direct me to some?), but haven't been able to find any...

Your thoughts?

2. djinn macrumors 68000

djinn

Honestly you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. RAM is your biggest concern with the Adobe Suite. Having 4 gig will do you justice with either machines.

3. SheriffParker macrumors 6502a

SheriffParker

In photoshop they will be almost identical

Or, I should say, a 2.2 Ghz MB would tie with a 2.2 Ghz MBP.

Since you aren't using dedicated video RAM for 3D stuff, the processor does all the work... and the processors are the same.

4. DHart thread starter macrumors 6502

DHart