Difference in previous and present MBP graphic card

yoak

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 4, 2004
Oslo, Norway
I haven´t followed the MBP lilfe cycle very closely the last year and now I´m about to get one.
I was wondering if there is a big difference in the performance of the graphics card of the previous and present version of the MBP.
PS I will use it mainly for FC and HD video capture through the PCIe slot

squeeks

macrumors 68040
Jun 19, 2007
Florida
I haven´t followed the MBP lilfe cycle very closely the last year and now I´m about to get one.
I was wondering if there is a big difference in the performance of the graphics card of the previous and present version of the MBP.
there isnt a PCIe slot on a macbook pro...

but the nvidia 8600GTM is a good little chip, id say its better than a x1600

TheStu

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2006
Carlisle, PA
From what I have seen, it is something like 50-60% more capable than the previous card (though those numbers are probably pure synthetic benchmark)... regardless, the new ones are quite a bit better than the old.

yoak

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 4, 2004
Oslo, Norway
there isnt a PCIe slot on a macbook pro...

but the nvidia 8600GTM is a good little chip, id say its better than a x1600
Sorry, I´m just a little tired I meant the Express card slot. i have just followed another thread discussing PCIe.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.