differences between 2G and 3G-camera main?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Alleyoop, Dec 17, 2009.

1. Alleyoop macrumors member

I want to buy a used iPhone as a gift for someone. They have a dumb phone now, so almost anything would be a step up. From a little digging around, it looks like there is not too much difference between the 2G and 3G. The main thing I noticed is that it looks like the camera may be even less great on the 2G (I have a 3G). Any other major differences? What do you think of your camera, 2Gers? The thing is, even though the giftee isn't going to use the phone for gaming or anything like that, she does love to take pictures. So if the camera would be way worse than the 3G, I'll have to stick with 3G. Obviously the prices are better on a 2G, so I would rather get one of those..

Also, how is the camera on the 3GS?

Thanks!

2. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

The camera is the same on the 2G and 3G, but it's considerably better on he 3GS.

3. DazBrowne macrumors member

Couldn't agree more

4. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

3G advantages:
    Faster processor
    Larger capacity top-end model (16GB vs. 8GB)
    GPS

I upgraded for space and the GPS, but there's not a whole lot different besides that.

5. zacharace macrumors member

Also, OP probably knows this (I hope), but 2G doesn't have 3G network capabilities--EDGE only. This doesn't matter, OP, if your giftee doesn't use mobile web a lot, but personally, I'd go with 3G for that reason alone (and the fact that 3G has aGPS).

But other than that, 2G is just as good as 3G, if not a touch out of style ;)

6. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

3G does not have a faster processor. 2G and 3G have the same processor.