Differences between Macbook Pro's

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ant7783, Oct 17, 2008.

1. ant7783 macrumors member

Can someone tell me what the major differences are between the new Macbook Pro that was just released and the one that was right before it, the model I am talking about is listed below

I am trying to decide which system to get between the following

Last generation Macbook Pro
    Apple MacBook Pro MB133LL/A 15.4-inch Laptop (2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 2 GB RAM, 200 GB Hard Drive, DVD/CD SuperDrive)
    Other products by Apple

The New Macbook Pro just released

Or

The New Macbook 2.0

2. jTreu macrumors 6502

Last gen macbook pro is the best deal by far if you dont mind not having the newest looks. The performance is only 5-10% better, but you can save $700-1000 by buying the refurbs that are pristine and basically indistinguishable from new ones. If you love the looks and have money to burn go or the new one though. I got my last gen refurb today and couldn't be happier. In the end only you can decide what its worth to you though.

3. ant7783 thread starter macrumors member

Were there a lot of problems with the last generations LCD screens

4. jTreu macrumors 6502

with some of the earlier revisions, the last rev was solid, mine looks amazing.

5. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Besides the physical change, the biggest is the change from the 2 chip Intel965GM chipset (North (with GPU) + South) to a single chip Nvidia MCP97MX chipset (Integrated North/South (with GPU)).