Differences Between MBP 15" (Late 2008) and MBP 15" (Mid 2009)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lelloz, Jun 16, 2009.

1. lelloz macrumors member

Hi! Im going to buy a new macbook this week and im very interested in the 15" one. In the refurbished store of my country (italy) there is a MacBook Pro 15" 2,4ghz with 9600gt, 2gb ram, 250hdd at 1249€ (1730$). Now, id like to know which are the differences between the old and the new one. Battery? Display? SD slot (not important, the express card is better). Would you suggest to buy the refurbished one? Thanks for your help.

2. mickbab macrumors 65816

mickbab

Well I just purchased the refurbished 2.4 here in australia.
    reasons for purchase (over the new one) were: graphics, expresscard, and access to hdd/ram. And of course it is cheaper.
    Most people around here seem to support going the refurb option.

EDIT: might add that the battery isn't such a big deal for me. sure it would be great but i dont think i need it at the moment.
    also SD card would be of absolutely no use for me either as I am a CF user.

3. lelloz thread starter macrumors member

is the display between the old and the one umpb 15 different? Is the newest better? I can't understand that....

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Better is a subjective term, but yes apple mentioned at WWDC that the new 15" MBP screens have a 60% increase in gamut so it should display a richer image on the display panel, if I understand gamut correctly.

5. lelloz thread starter macrumors member

I'd like to see a comparision...