Differences in design Macintosh 128k, 512k and macintosh plus

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by Sethp, May 9, 2012.

1. Sethp macrumors member

I have a small collection at home, it starts with a g3 Bondi blue, a g4 globe and a g5 with a cube squeezed in there as well. These computers take up little room and look great together. I'm not aming for a complete collection the only holy grail i have left is a 128k they cost a bit and are as I understand it quite rare in sweden. buying from the US plus customs and shipping would end up quite pricy.

Is there a lot of difference in design between the 128k and the 512k?

and what about the macintosh plus? i've read somewhere that early macintosh plus versions where just refurbished 512k models most times i see pictures of the plus version there is a difference on the logo in the front while the 128 and 512 versions just have an apple.

What i'm going for is look more or less, if the overall exterior (I/O aside) is similar to that of the 128k i'm thinking of buying a macintosh plus that is for sale for $145:- Located in the same city as I work in so i can just walk over there and pick it up.

I have attached a picture to see what you guys think.

Attached Files:

2. Sethp thread starter macrumors member

I came across pictures of Gene Rodenberrys mac plus and compared it to a picture of a 128k they look pretty similar, but still i'd like to get an experts word on this :)

Might buy this one if you guys don't think its to pricy and when the time is right upgrade (or downgrade) to a real 128k