Different accelerometers in ipt vs iphone?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dukebound85, Dec 21, 2008.

1. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

So i have a first gen touch and a 3g iphone and the acclerometers behave differently

ipod touch will switch from one landscape to another just fine without having to go portait first when on the internet. However when in ipod mode, i cant go from one landscape to the other by tilting it. In order to get to the other landscape, I have to go back to portarti and then to the landscape i want. However, this behavior is only seen when the ipod mode. when not, i can easily switch between landscapes by a simple tilt

My iphone on the other hand does not exhibit this behavior

Is this normal? or is something wrong with my ipt?

2. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

From recollection my touch let me change between landscapes easily while in the music app. HOWEVER, there was one version of the software that I had on my 1st gen touch, it was either 2.0 or 2.1 (I'm leaning more towards 2.0), where my iPod refused to do it and, like you, it would still work fine in any other app.

EDIT: It was definitely 2.0 that did it to me, because 2.1 was the last update before I gave my 1st gen away, and it definitely didn't do it then.

3. dukebound85 thread starter macrumors P6

dukebound85

lol speak of the devil! my iphone is on 2.2 and ipt on 2.0

thanks!

4. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

No problem :)

Interestingly, and oddly, 2.0 is also the only version of the software that allows you to use the Home double-tap feature to bring up music controls while in Cover Flow (at least it's the only version of the software that's let me do it).

5. jake921660 macrumors regular

Sorry, a little off topic... But why did they take this off? From what I remember everyone praised Apple for allowing us to do this?

6. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

I have no idea. I thought it was great that they finally included it, as did a lot of other people, because clearly the lack of music controls whilst in Cover Flow is both annoying and inconvenient.