Different App Stores for Different Devices?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by hajime, May 4, 2012.

1. hajime macrumors 68040

Hello. It looks like whenever I connect to the App Store from my MBP, only Apps for the Mac are displayed. Similarly, whenever I access the App Store from an iPad, only Apps for the iPad are displayed. Is there any way to see what Apps are available for the iPhone from my MBP? I am considering to buy the iPhone 4S. I want to see what Apps are available. Thanks.

2. rpmor, May 4, 2012
    Last edited: May 4, 2012

rpmor macrumors member

use iTunes to check for Apps for your iPad and iPhone on your MBP

edit: its not so much about them being different app stores but rather displaying the relevant apps for the relevant devices. an iPad app will not function on an iPhone (while the reverse is true and you will find those in the through the iPad's store if you search them out). Mac apps wont run on either of the devices mentioned (nor will iOS apps run on a Mac as of yet) therefore you wont find them on the through 'their' respective stores thus the logical (if cumbersome route) place to browse for them is through the App that they communicate with your computer through (iTunes and thus you use its iTunes Store to browse those Apps).

3. hajime thread starter macrumors 68040

Thanks. Got it.

Is there a good iPhone 4S emulator that I could use to test out some free Apps?