Different backgrounds in Spaces

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by CanadianDonkey, Apr 13, 2008.

1. CanadianDonkey macrumors member

Hello.

I frequently use spaces, I set up four of them to organize my ever growing collection of apps.

However, I feel it would look nice if when i switched spaces, another background would come with it.

Is it possible to have separate backgrounds for my separate spaces?

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Nope, sorry.

At least, there's no third-party solution of which I am aware, but you can't do it straight off.

3. Super Ted macrumors newbie

as functional as it is Spaces lacks all the cool 'goodies' that third party versions and linux versions have... where are my cool transitions? Where are my alternate backgrounds?

4. Island Dog macrumors 6502a

Island Dog

I would be happy with something as simple as different wallpapers.

5. macdot macrumors 6502

I'm so disappointed with Spaces. I want different docks, but yes, I'd take wallpaper as a starter.

6. reubs macrumors 68000

I'm in the camp of those who would like some candy to go along with Spaces, such as the options for different wallpaper, different transition styles, etc.

I know Spaces is in its infancy, so hopefully we'll see some changes to it in later updates.

For what it is, though, I think Spaces is a fantastic app that does just what it's supposed to do.