Different batch for sure!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Wateroksnmud, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Wateroksnmud macrumors regular

So after receiving my 3rd i4, I have in my hands an i4 WITHOUT the antenna issue nor an issue with the proximity sensor. Also, of the 4 i4's I have had in hand, this is the first in which I can see the proximity sensor.

2. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

If you believe it, I'm happy you're happy. But yeah, doubtful.

3. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

4. Wateroksnmud thread starter macrumors regular

Wow you guys are really that hard headed? I have my wife's i4, bought launch day and have been comparing since I received this one. Her's of course still has the signal issue, while this phone does not. I'm a believer that there are stronger phones made. I don't know if there are location build differences, but yes, I can sleep at night. FWIW I'd take your phone in if you're having problems with yours. What's it going to hurt? Might have the same problems, or might not!

5. Jare macrumors 65816

Jare

Like a poster above said, whatever makes you sleep at night.

6. Sinfire macrumors regular

People just like to complain. Great to see that you are able to sleep at night and not have to spend your life on the internet complaining about the iPhone each day.

7. r&s macrumors newbie

what are the first 5 numbers of the serial number (in which week was it made)?

8. ARF900 macrumors 65816

ARF900

wow you guys didnt have to attack him, yikes.

OP first 5 digits of your serial number?

9. Jare macrumors 65816

Jare

When you say for sure, what do you think "for sure" means? Obviously it's not for sure, and people will rip the thread apart.

10. JohnnyQuest macrumors 65816

JohnnyQuest

Dude, it's the same design. Nothing has changed. The antenna is still on the outside.

11. stahl7639 macrumors member

12. ARF900 macrumors 65816

ARF900

Wow people on this forum are ignorant sometimes. :eek:

13. Sinfire macrumors regular

What does that have to do with it ?

There are a lot of users out there that do not have the problem with their iPhone 4's and their antenna's are on the outside as well.

14. BlondeBuddhist macrumors 6502a

BlondeBuddhist

I don't think my fellow skeptics have hardened hearts. I think they are right in saying that you have the same phone design. I can see the prox sensor in certain lights, and in others I cannot. With iPhone 4's continually selling out everywhere, I find it hard to subscribe the idea that the phone is getting remodeled as fast as it's being demanded. Just doesn't make sense.

Blonde Buddhist

15. zerostar macrumors regular

Every phone has this problem, not just the iPhone. If there was the possibility of working iPhones out there do you really think Apple would have gone thru all the trouble they did just to not have to replace some of them?

They MAY have a fix sometime... I believe thats why cases are free until July 30th, maybe they have a fix they are testing and can have it in production by then... That or its just how phones operate and to smooth over the screamers they will give some cases away, then its back to money-making business. NEXT!

They certainly didn't have a fix for this a few weeks ago (when your "working" phone most certainly was made)

16. Wateroksnmud thread starter macrumors regular

Week 27, numbers are 81027. Could it be that the assembly line that the phones are constructed on and not the week? My previous two i4's were week 26 and my wife's i4 was week 26 as well.

17. JohnnyQuest macrumors 65816

JohnnyQuest

Yeah, me being one of them :rolleyes:

What I'm saying is: the antenna design hasn't changed, yet his phone miraculously seems to be working better. There is no new design that would allow this, it's all in the mind.

18. openendstraight macrumors regular

openendstraight

Are you really that selfish that you have changed your phone three times because of reception issues while your wife still has a release day iPhone with reception issues.

And the winner for husband of the year goes to?????