Different batches.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by michael31986, Sep 17, 2016.

1. michael31986 macrumors 68040

I know with every iPhone release people start comparing batches for trends. Anyone start doing this to see trends in some of the "bugs"

2. TheRealAlex macrumors 65816

Batch #1 as in the auto industry is always the worst. For Example Apple is no doubt switching to a different display adhesive that's not as yellow different formulation. We will never hear official word of that.

Or How Lithium Ion batteries Chemically degrade over time. Even in perfect conditions the iPhone 7 battery has been sitting on shelves for 6 months already it's just a part that gets made then put together.

3. Brandonjr36 macrumors 6502a

I don't understand what everyone is talking about on the yellow screen mine is white I have the regular 7

4. michael31986 thread starter macrumors 68040

Maybe I used the wrong word. But people are able to see what week there phone was made and see if there is a trend

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

We got a full year AppleCare so we can always exchange later if it's an actual issue and not an ocd psycho Apple customer thing:)

6. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

My 7+ is not yellow. It's actually whiter than my buddy's 6+

7. metsjetsfan macrumors 65816

Batches thing is what it is. Even if you wait 3-6 months to buy you are not guaranteed to get one from whatever slightly modified process they may or may not do. Also there is no guarantee they fix anything at all.

The iphone 5 and 5S all had the rattling power button down to the last one made probably. Some on launch day had perfect power buttons and some made 18 months later still had the rattle.

Just buy and enjoy

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, and some have more important things to worry about than shaking their iPhone and checking to see if it rattles:)