Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nicospa32

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 3, 2012
I had an ATT 4S, and I had some decent battery life I guess. I didn't really check it until now. Now I'm with Sprint (4S), and I seems like I have significantly lower battery life. I recently got a replacement phone, and I'm letting it die out today. It's at 1%, and I have 5 hours exactly of full usage, 13 hours of standby. is this good? Average? What do you guys get and what carrier do you use?

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Mostly on AT&T and at around 1%, my usage is, at most 6 hours 30 minute before it turns itself off. I would say it would be pretty normal but it all depends on what you do with your phone through out the day.

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
You get different battery life depending on far away you are from your tower and how good the signal is and how the walls in your building block the signal.

So forget "which carrier?" It's "which house are you in?"

I'm on AT&T and I get much better battery life in my brother-in-law's house than in my own and much worse life in my office. None of this information is useful to anyone but me, though, so me telling you doesn't really help you decide anything.

Nicospa32

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 3, 2012
Mostly on AT&T and at around 1%, my usage is, at most 6 hours 30 minute before it turns itself off. I would say it would be pretty normal but it all depends on what you do with your phone through out the day.

Very true. I never usually let my phone go down to 1%. I need to start more.

----------

You get different battery life depending on far away you are from your tower and how good the signal is and how the walls in your building block the signal.

So forget "which carrier?" It's "which house are you in?"

I'm on AT&T and I get much better battery life in my brother-in-law's house than in my own and much worse life in my office. None of this information is useful to anyone but me, though, so me telling you doesn't really help you decide anything.

I never knew that. I have to take that into consideration. I hear that some carriers suck more data than others? I have no idea, really.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.