Different contact email default when using different mail accounts

Discussion in 'macOS' started by bendodson, Feb 16, 2009.

1. bendodson macrumors member

bendodson

I've come across a strange problem that I'm not sure if Mac Mail will be able to deal with natively. Basically, I have several contacts in my address book that have 2 addresses; work and home. I also have 2 mail accounts set up; my work account and my home account.

I've run into a few problems at work when I'm sending email to colleagues as it was auto-selecting their personal addresses when I typed in their names. I managed to fix that but now when I send mail from my personal account, the auto-select chooses their work email first so I have to scroll down to choose their personal account.

Is there a way of getting mail to understand that if I'm sending mail from my personal account, then "home" addresses should show up first in auto-complete but if I'm sending from my work account, then "work" addresses should show up first? I understand this is probably a bit of a long shot without a third party tool but thought it best to ask!

Any help appreciated :)

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

No, Mail won't change the default email for a contact, based on which account you're sending from.