Different displays in iPhone 6?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Gajda, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Gajda macrumors newbie

I got my iPhone 6 changed on Apple Store due to a loose home bottom. Apple sent me a new iPhone. I have noticed that the display colors are a bit more different from the first iPhone 6. Everything looks a bit brighter and the blue is a bit greyish. If compared my display to my brothers iPhone and the colors on his device are a bit more yellowish. If I turn the brightness fully up on both devices mine is a bit brighter? Is it normal that apple use different displays on iPhone 6? Anything to be concerned about?

2. Newtons Apple, Sep 22, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2015

Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

Likely same display but different back lighting LEDs as the can vary in color temp and brightness. Some LED backlight are warmer or yellow while other are cool or blue.

3. Gajda thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

Yes displays can Cary, even on the same model phone.

5. WashupDawg macrumors regular

It's the typical "Apple Screen Lottery". The issues vary among batches such as

- Dead pixels
    - Extremely warm or cold color temperature
    - Image retention
    - Uneven screen color temperature (I bought 5x retina Mini's that all had a yellow'ish top and and blu'ish bottom of the screen.

The question is if you are satisfied with the quality. If you don't like it, return it for a better unit. The more people accept Apple's lousy QC, the worse products we'll get.