Different Gestures from SL?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by calviin, Feb 21, 2012.

1. calviin macrumors regular

I just upgraded to Lion. (Yes, I'm slow but I didn't really like the features of Lion.) Anyways, after a fresh install, I noticed that there were no gestures for show desktop? I see the one where it's using the thumb and three fingers but I can't change that to something else? IIRC, I slid for fingers up/down for show desktop in SL. Is there any easy shortcut for show desktop besides hot corners?

2. Konstantinos88 macrumors newbie

You're right, those gestures are gone and aren't coming back. I know exactly what you are talking about because I had to get used to the new gestures as well. It's kind of annoying because Finder doesn't have the 'back' gesture anymore, but the 'show desktop' gesture is a four-figner pinch outwards (makes sense after you start using it for a bit) and the four-finger pinch inwards brings up the Launchpad.

So no, there's no way of bringing those gestures back unless you get BetterTouchTool which gives you VERY wide control of your trackpad

3. NorthDakota91 macrumors member

I do totally agree with you, the new gestures are a pain sometimes. However there still is the "go back" gesture (3 fingers to the left) but with Lion you have to also press "opt". It still works everywhere: Finder, Safari, MAS, etc.

BTW, if you have natural scrolling the "go back" gesture will NOT be reversed (e.g. it is still 3 fingers to the left)

4. calviin thread starter macrumors regular

Oh man. That sucks. >_< I need a new workflow then... What about Mission Control? Every time I move something onto another desktop and it goes to sleep, everything is goes back to desktop 1. (And is there anyway to rename them instead of desktop 1, desktop 2, etc?

5. NorthDakota91 macrumors member

No, you can't rename them AFAIK. Maybe I didn't understand you but when you put your Mac to sleep everything should stay where it is. Maybe you mean when you shutdown your Mac? In that case you should leave the option on the image I've attached ticked

Attached Files: