Different glass over the camera lense...? Plastic maybe?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Christian247, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Christian247 macrumors member

Christian247

So I purchased an iPhone 4 about 2-3 weeks ago, and I'm really careful where I set it down as to not scratch it. (My local bar tender knows to put two coasters down, one for a drink and another for my iPhone), but I recently noticed that on the back camera that the glass is really scratched up that covers the lens.

My question is; does anyone know how I can go into a store and get them to switch out my old one for a new one? Like a guaranteed problem I can report that they will swap it for?

2. samcraig macrumors P6

are the photos you're taking affected by any of the scratches. If not - don't worry about it. I've seen photographers shoot with cracked lenses and their photos still came out great.

In other words - if it's not affecting the imaging - then you don't have a problem other than cosmetic.

3. Christian247 thread starter macrumors member

Christian247

Well there's no problem now, but I was worried eventually dirt would find it's way into the crevasses and make them blurry....

4. samcraig macrumors P6

I think you're "ok." And I doubt they'd swap out your iPhone because of it. It's cosmetic at best - and it's user caused not a defect..

5. Christian247 thread starter macrumors member

Christian247

I understand that they wouldn't swap it out for that reason specifically, which is why I was asking for other ways to get what I wanted....

6. S.Kay macrumors member

S.Kay

So you wish to lie to them?