Different Hiss Sound coming from my MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Asprine, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Asprine macrumors newbie

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Hello, I've read in several posts in this website's forum that there's a CPU noise problem with the MBPs, i even got to this site: http://www.red-sweater.com/blog/107/macbook-pro-noise-update...

The thing is, that my computer is experimenting completely different symptoms, and that's quite annoying. I feel I'm alone in this :(

The thing started like this, I sent my 13" Mid 2009's 2GHZ MBP to AppleCare to be repaired after the audio jack stopped working, they told me the audio card was to be replaced, and they did fix that problem, little did I not notice in the Apple Store (due to the store's natural noisy environment) that after this repair they gave me the computer back with the infamous hissing sound.

This noise starts whenever the right speaker starts working, for whatever reason, even the little sounds of turning the volume up and down, up to music, games or movies, the hiss goes away eventually, sometimes it doesn't. I tried the full backlight on the LCD or No backlight, and the iPhoto Solutions, they don't do a thing to it, so I think the hiss is from the speakers, when I plug a headphone set, the noise goes away and sometimes can be heard on the headphones...

So it's a weird coincidence that after the sound card was "repaired" the hiss coming from the right speaker started...

Please I need you guys to guide me a bit with this issue, because I've also read that Apple Geniuses back in US, Aus, NZ and Canada were oblivious to the problem and gave users a hard time, I don't even wanna imagine how they would be in here in Mexico, where a good customer service is always a rare sight... I'm surely gonna be tucked in in white robes and taken away from the Apple Store if I go like this...

So, sorry for the long post, but I really need help on this issue and what it might be so I can defend myself in the Apple Store :confused:

2. Asprine thread starter macrumors newbie

3. Asprine thread starter macrumors newbie

4. decoyman macrumors newbie

Couldn't you just bring it back into the Apple Store and tell them you think the audio card is defective?

If it's faulty they should fix it. A lot of times you hear horror stories online, but geniuses have almost always been helpful to me.

5. "GeorgeE" macrumors newbie

I've just acquired the same problem with my MBP too. It's really annoying...

Anyone got any ideas?