different iWeb sites possible?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by pavvento, Jun 29, 2008.

1. pavvento macrumors 6502

Hello,

I am using iWeb for personal blogging and some other things. In a few weeks I will be going away and putting together video blogs and some other things that will be linked to some church organizations.

What I would like to do is put my current iWeb site on hold, and publish a completely different one that will be used for this event. Is this possible?

Sorry if this doesn't make much sense.

2. aristobrat macrumors G4

3. pavvento thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks a lot for that response, that's exactly what I was looking for! How exactly would I set that up?

Edit: I was able to find the option, thanks a lot!

4. ratperson macrumors newbie

How to move website(s) to a different computer?

I am making a website for my boss, and she would like to have a copy of it for her computer that she can work on. We are having difficulty moving from one to the other. Do you guys know how to do this? We also tried making two websites, which makes it even more confusing because when you go to iWebSites and click on the names, either one of the two websites might show up, not necessarily the one you clicked on. The only way to move it around at all is USB, but even then when I open iWeb on her computer, it seems to replace sites she has made, and vice versa on my computer.

Can anyone help!? it doesn't seem like it should be this hard to work on a website from a different computer.

5. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

If you're using iWeb '08, it uses a weird "Domain" file for storing websites. It IS possible to merge two domain files together, using a little program called iWebSites - this sounds like what you're trying to do, no?

6. ratperson macrumors newbie

Thanks so much for the help! but I am still having some problems...I followed the directions on the link you sent for how to publish to a folder. The problem is that when you publish to a folder you can't change anything. So my boss won't be able to work on the website for her own computer..

Also, when using iwebsites I get a lot of inconsistency. I have a website called T1. I also have TA & TB, and another test website called J. when I click on T1 (the real website we are trying to move around) I could get EITHER that websites or one of the three other websites open up. This is really not very reliable because sometimes websites disappear for quite a while and it makes me think that saving changes might be completely useless....so basically..HELP! I'm not very good with computers haha!

7. 7on macrumors 601

7on

How about storing the domain folder on a shared drive?