Different keyboards

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by gadget123, Jul 4, 2013.

1. gadget123 macrumors 68010

I hear some apps still have the old keyboard in IOS7. Should Apple offer a keyboard choice like Android? :)

2. falconeight Guest

falconeight

Definitely, they should just put android on all iOS devices with a secret switch to change over.

3. dcp10 macrumors 6502

Only the apps built into iOS 7 will have the new keyboard. Developers cannot release updates with the new API's until iOS 7 is publicly released in the fall.

4. nikicampos macrumors 6502a

I just told him that in another thread, he's just trolling MacRumors.

He created a thread asking how to close his account 2 days ago and then changed his mind and created 6 new thread in one day, and all the threads have the word "Android" in them.

5. darngooddesign macrumors G3

6. 8a22a macrumors 6502a

8a22a

It seems they can already take on a iOS 7 style though. Check out Pixter Scanner app.
    (It does have the old keyboard though.)

----------

Apps will probably be able to choice whether have a black or white keyboard, but not the old keyboard. ;)

7. GravityEyes macrumors regular

GravityEyes

Space bar vs. .com button

The most annoying aspect of the new keyboard is having to retrain our muscle memory. When in safari I press the ".com" 80% of the time when I'm trying to press the space bar. I've submitted feedback on this issue. The width of the "Go" button should be reduced leaving more width for the Space bar.

Anyone else frustrated by this?

8. typeface macrumors regular

I don't see what is "wrong" with Apple's keyboard; it's simple, un-cluttered and extremely accurate. Why does one need more keyboards? Not exactly a complaint that was even discussed until Android rolled around and introduced "open" and "choice" (AKA, "we can't guarantee our product is good enough, so here's some others to try - we cannot be bothered - it's good enough")

9. reservedegotist macrumors regular

I'm guessing they just need to recompile the code into iOS7 compatibility, assuming no other UI changes.