different light leak on replacement

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by oldschool, Aug 8, 2008.

1. oldschool macrumors 65816

oldschool

I got a replacement iphone for problems with my first one...but now this new one has the same problems, but also this strange light leak. It is not the same as most people with the bezel leak. Instead there seem to be areas of the black plastic back that are letting light through in small squares around the edge. Anybody else? I'll post pics later.

2. bmonster macrumors member

I'm pretty sure I have the same problem too, but with a 16 gb white, but I haven't read about it anywhere else. If you're in a really dark room, then its like splotchy squarish shapes along both sides of the back, right?

3. cantankerously macrumors regular

That's normal.. Jeez, you guys will complain about anything.

4. aphexii macrumors 6502

The username fits you perfectly.

5. cantankerously macrumors regular

Thanks captain obvious.

6. oldschool thread starter macrumors 65816

oldschool

so this is normal? is that a consensus?

bmonster...was yours a replacement? what's your model number?

7. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

i had a unit replaced last night due to dust under the screen, and when i got home i noticed a tremendous amount of light leaking out the sides of the back white plastic. i went in today to have that unit replaced, because that is not acceptable to me, and after much argument, they swapped it.

i'm definitely an apple fanboy, and proud of it (my friend's call me the iWhore) but i'm pretty put off by the quality of the 3G. i've had 4 different phones and only the last one has been satisfactory aesthetically. and i really don't think i've been too picky. i just want what i payed for.