Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iHeartsteve

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
Sometimes I miss my blackberry in certain instances. Can I put certain contacts on silent and some I want to ring?

I hate being woken up by anonymous phone calls when I'm only waiting on certain phone calls.

UPDATE I got auto ringtone pro app! Downloaded silent ringtone to my phone! It works flawlessly!
So happy! Now I love my iPhone more! Everyone should download this app!

Last edited:

ObuckiO

macrumors regular
Dec 9, 2011
Ohio
Sometimes I miss my blackberry in certain instances. Can I put certain contacts on silent and some I want to ring?

I hate being woken up by anonymous phone calls when I'm only waiting on certain phone calls.

I didn't keep it like this for long, but i was able to do it.
I made a silent ringtone in GarageBand (Just basically erased example tone, and sent ringtone to itunes)...synced it to iphone>set as default(main ringtone), then gave all my contact's their "own" other ringtone.
I don't know if ringtone app's have silent ones or not, if your not able to use GarageBand.

iHeartsteve

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
I didn't keep it like this for long, but i was able to do it.
I made a silent ringtone in GarageBand (Just basically erased example tone, and sent ringtone to itunes)...synced it to iphone>set as default(main ringtone), then gave all my contact's their "own" other ringtone.
I don't know if ringtone app's have silent ones or not, if your not able to use GarageBand.

Thanks that's a good idea! What is garage band though?

ObuckiO

macrumors regular
Dec 9, 2011
Ohio
Thanks that's a good idea! What is garage band though?

GarageBand is a program on Mac.
You can make ringstone's with it, but that's why i mentioned the app. I think i've seen someone say that some has silent ones. Although, I have seen app's where you are able to record your own voice, and maybe you can just not say anything and have a silent tone..I'm not sure.. The GB is the only way i know.

Last edited:

ObuckiO

macrumors regular
Dec 9, 2011
Ohio
GarageBand is a program on Mac.
You can make ringstone's with it, but that's why i mentioned the app. I think i've seen someone say that some has silent ones, but the GB is the only way i know.

I see you have a MacBook.. They're tutorials on Youtube/Google on making your own ringtone in GB. (It's pretty easy)

iHeartsteve

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
I see you have a MacBook.. They're tutorials on Youtube/Google on making your own ringtone in GB. (It's pretty easy)

Actually not yet! thats on my wish list :) sep 2012. Is there any other way I can make 'silent' ringtone?

Thanks for this idea!

ObuckiO

macrumors regular
Dec 9, 2011
Ohio
Actually not yet! thats on my wish list :) sep 2012. Is there any other way I can make 'silent' ringtone?

Thanks for this idea!
I'm sure there is, but i can't explain those.
You can go up on top menu of MacRumors to "Search" and see if that can help you. This question has had threads before about it.

iHeartsteve

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
I'm sure there is, but i can't explain those.
You can go up on top menu of MacRumors to "Search" and see if that can help you. This question has had threads before about it.

Thanks just looked up thread where you can download app, auto ringtone app pro. Which I already downloaded but i' m not seeing how to select silent lol

iHeartsteve

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
Awesome! Got it to work! Downloaded silent ring tone to set as my default!

Love this!! I can't believe I didn't do it sooner!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.