Different tones for different email accounts?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by olly666, Dec 4, 2010.

1. olly666 macrumors regular

olly666

I have got to figure out a way to do this since I need to be able to differentiate between work and personal emails etc. I found a few but they required mail forwarding and I'm not down with that. I also tried myprofiles but it was way too buggy and made me deaf whenever I was listening to music and got new mail. Can anyone help? Any app recommendations? Thanks.

2. olly666 thread starter macrumors regular

olly666

Seriously nobody knows how to set different ringtones for different email accounts? :confused:

3. olly666 thread starter macrumors regular

olly666

4. jma72 macrumors newbie

MyProfiles

I use Myprofiles. It's a program that kind of makes the phone like the Blackberry profiles, if you are familiar with those.

It's not perfect, but it is pretty sweet. Takes a while to set up, but totally worth it. You can set up different 'alerts' based on e-mail account. That is what I use. I have one for yahoo, gmail and my work e-mail, all with different tones and vibrations (number of times and intensity)!

Depending on the profile, you can have it set up to do things like only have an audible alert for work and vibrate or silent for other e-mails if you are during work hours or connected to your work's wifi.

You can set up different profiles depending on time of day, wifi, bluetooth, etc.

Hope it helps.

Jason

5. olly666 thread starter macrumors regular

olly666

Did you not read what I said about that app being buggy as hell?

6. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

Im in the same boat.
    I wanted something with the same features as you and tried myprofiles. It was terrible. I uniinstaled within a day.

7. jma72 macrumors newbie

Holy cow. I can't believe I read right over that.

Sorry about that. Myprofiles is about as best as I could find. If someone else finds something, post it up.

Jason

8. olly666 thread starter macrumors regular

olly666

My response to you came off really harsh, it wasn't meant to. So are you not experiencing the same issue as me with myprofiles? Whenever I'm listening to music and a text or email comes in the volume skyrockets for a second and then cuts out and then it beeps...it's horrible.

9. jma72 macrumors newbie

No worries. I deserved it. It is annoying when you specifically put info in your original thread so people know what you have and then someone talks about it anyway.

As for myprofiles, it is rather buggy, but I found if I did not use the location based piece it works much better. I use wifi, Bluetooth, charging and time based rules and it seems to work ok.

I do notice the volume changing if I am watching a video, but I think it changes it to the volume associated with the profile, so if the volume is close to what you are listening to, then there is not much of a change. Check your profiles to see if you have it at 'system default' or a %. I use the % for most of the profiles.

I desperately needed something with profiles. I was so used to being able to have a night mode where everything is shut off except the phone. I have a profile set with my wifi and then if it is past 10 pm and charging everything goes to silent except the phone.

Sorry for the long post. Also please excuse any typos, I am posting this from my iPhone.

Jason