Different Trackpad Issues?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by irocknikes123, Dec 13, 2008.

1. irocknikes123 macrumors newbie

I've had this macbook since the 20th of october so it and all the problems that everyone else has been talking about I haven't had :D. But now I don't know if I just havn't noticed if it is just happening but the whole right side of the track just at the edge won't click. From the top of the trackpad to the bottom in about about a 1/4 inch spot it won't click at all. And when I turn the computer on it's side it feels like the trackpad is falling out :confused:. Like you could push it in before it actually will click. If you shake the computer the glass trackpad seems like it jiggles around. Is anyone else having this problem?
    Or do you think I should just live with it and not take the risk of getting a replacement one with all these problems? Or will they just send it in to get fixed instead of giving me a replacement? Thanks

2. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

The 1/4 inch at the top is normal. Everybody has that, because of the way the trackpad is built.
    For the second issue, take out your battery and under that you will see the trackpad. Take a screw driver and try tightening up those screws that are at the top of the trackpad. I think that's what controls the tightness of the trackpad. BE CAREFUL, as it is glass you're dealing with, and you don't want to tighten it too much. Hopefully this will get your trackpad back on 'track' :D

If that doesn't work, take it in to a store and have it looked at.

3. irocknikes123 thread starter macrumors newbie

the top of my track pad will click from the left side all the way to about 1/4 away from the right edge then it stops clicking from the top to the bottom.
    the bottom corner of the trackpad has no click at all. It has the tap to click, but no physical click.

4. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

Well, if you look under the battery, you'll be able to tell if there's anything broken in there, or if the screws are just loose. Give it a shot, it shouldn't be too difficult.

I just looked at it and there are 2 sets of 3 screws on each side of the trackpad, at the top. It may just be that the side giving you trouble is just loose.

5. irocknikes123 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I called the apple store and made an appointment for tomorrow at 11:20.
    It seems like the area thats not clicking, is slowly moving farther and farther over and making the are that doesn't click bigger and bigger. It doesn't seem like it would be those screws you talked about though. I looked at them and they dont look any looser than the screws on the left side and the left side of the trackpad clicks fine. Have any other ideas on what it might be?

has anyone else had this problem?