Different way bans are handled?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by macbook pro i5, Jun 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macbook pro i5 macrumors 65816

macbook pro i5

I think that after 3 timeouts you get a warning that you are under very high supervision and if you do anything wrong in those 6 months of supervision then you can get banned instantly,thoughts?

2. cerote macrumors 6502a

cerote

Shouldn't the 3 timeouts as you say be warning enough?

Not sure how MR does their infractions and bans but place where I mod is 2 infractions, then the third infraction is a 7 day ban, then the forth infraction is perma-ban.

How many warnings/infractions does a person need to get a clue they are messing up?

3. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

I reckon a 7 day ban for starting threads about bans.

And 14 days for replying in a thread about bans.

4. annk Administrator

annk

Staff Member

The Moderation FAQ has information about how moderation is handled. This sentence in particular might be of interest:

5. macbook pro i5 thread starter macrumors 65816

macbook pro i5

Well then two timeouts and a warning on the second timeout that if you mess up one more time its a perma-ban,as(I don't know if I should say this)but I got banned recently without warning for forgetting the reregistration rule,I apologized to arn and I was just wondering when there are members not trying to break the rules they accidentally break one then get banned without warning.

6. annk Administrator

annk

Staff Member

The best way to avoid breaking a rule you don't know about is to read the rules through (which you agreed to do as part of the registration process).

Please respect the rule about not discussing specific moderation in public. It's fine to ask general questions about the rules and moderation here, but if you have questions about specific moderation, you have to use the contact form (again, as is stated in the rules).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.