Different Wifi Problem?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by majin311, Oct 11, 2012.

1. majin311 macrumors newbie

I have an iPhone 5 and Iphone 4s, both on ios 6. I also have an iphone 4 still on 5.1.something.

On my 5 and 4s i have limited connectivity to certain apps. One youtube for example. I can boot my phones up then i can play 1 video. After that, no more videos will load. I cant watch Netflix at all on them and some websites wont load.

On my iphone 4 with old software it works normally. Can watch all vids and netflix.

I thought maybe it was my netgear router so i order a medialink. Same problem. Ive changed from N mode, to B mode, to G mode. Set proxy to auto, ect. Nothing i do seems to change anything. I watch one vid and must reboot to watch another on the 5 and 4s. All other connections are fine except for the few sites and video services.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

Did you contact your ISP?
    Is this happening with your computers or just your mobile devices?

3. majin311 thread starter macrumors newbie

Computers are fine. iPhone 4 on older software is fine. It's just the iphone 5 and iphone 4s on ios 6. The iPhone 4s worked fine before updating to ios 6.

4. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

I am not sure how to troubleshoot connection issues only involving video services, it's easy to blame iOS 6 but like you mentioned in the title it does not match the other wifi problems others are having. By chance does it work on cellular?

5. mlyon macrumors member

I've got the same problem. iPhone 4s. Worked great with iOS5 and now with iOS6 update it has spotty wi-fi connectivity.

6. majin311 thread starter macrumors newbie

Streams video fine over cellular connection.

It will stream ONE video like from youtube fine on wifi. Then the phone has to be restarted to make it stream another.

7. mrapplegate, Oct 11, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2012

mrapplegate macrumors 68030

I'm not sure. Wish I could suggest something.
    Reset Network Settings is all I can think of.

8. jimmy575 macrumors member