Differentiating new and old touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Zephirus, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Zephirus macrumors member

Hi, I am thinking about getting a touch, but I am afraid the place I'll visit still have old touch. I wonder if by looking at the box, there's a way to tell which revision I'm about to buy!

Also from apple refurbs, I suppose those are old versions?

Thank you :)

2. sportsfrk214 macrumors 6502a

Of course, it's quite easy. The old Touches are enclosed in a black cardboard box with a picture of the iPod on the front cover. The new Touches are in clear plastic boxes, and you can see the actual device :cool:

3. rshanahan macrumors regular

Looks like the current refurbs are 1G. I think when the battery life specifications on the refurb site matches the new 2g numbers (and a possible mention of an internal speaker) show up we can assume that the refurbs have moved to 2g's.

It's possible they might even say 'second or current generation'. They used to say previous generation on the refurb site before it was redesgined a few weeks ago.

4. quick5pnt0 macrumors regular

The refurbs on Apple's store are the 1st gen Ipod Touches. I guess at some point they'll run out of the old one and start shipping new ones but that probably won't be for a few months. At that point it'll probably state that they are the 2g touches.

5. coffey7 macrumors 6502a

coffey7

With every touch can you update it so you can get the cal and contact apps updated?

6. m1stake macrumors 68000