Differentiating purchased music

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Uccle, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Uccle macrumors regular

I created a playlist that I named "not purchased" with the idea of throwing new music I wasn't sure about but wanted to listen to again before adding the track to "my music."

Here is my problem. Adding a track to a playlist, it turns out, automatically adds it to "my music". Even when I remove it from the playlist it remains in "my music."

Err, OK, I don't like this but maybe I can understand it.

But how do I see which tracks in "my music" are tracks that I have purchased and which are ones that are there that I don't own? I can't see anything that differentiates purchased songs.

2. Uccle thread starter macrumors regular

Answering my own question:

According to Apple there is no way to tell in "my music" which songs are purchased and which are from apple music. You can go into the music setting and turn off "show Apple music" and only your purchased songs will be listed in "my music". But no way to easily tell if a particular track was purchased or added from apple music.

3. borgqueenx macrumors 65816

Im having a work around. Every song i like from apple music goes into a new playlist "Apple Music". Then i always know what songs i have not purchased but are in my library. Apple music sucks big time and im getting tired of all the bugs and errors and confusement.
    And yes- im a apple fan. not for too long. iOS9 is the moment of truth. too many bugs. its not the apple i knew anymore.

4. Uccle thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, I'm doing the same thing :) plus I can always compare the list with or without Apple music shown since I have an iPad and an iPhone...still not optimal. But thanks for coming up with a work around.

5. flur macrumors 68000

You can also do this with a smart list. Someone posted how yesterday...

6. Uccle thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks. Don't know about this but will now look into it. My "dumb" list will become unwieldy very quickly.

7. Soni Sanjay macrumors 6502

Soni Sanjay

You can't differentiate purchased tracks with Apple Music tracks on iOS unfortunately, at least not right now.

8. Uccle thread starter macrumors regular

Just discovered that. I found the thread. I found the solution. Discovered I didn't have the right equipment. Story of my life :rolleyes: