Difficult Mac Mail Question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bradevans, Sep 27, 2009.

1. bradevans macrumors newbie

Here's a question I bet no one can answer !

If you can then you are a computer genius and my SAVIOR !!

I have a G5 and MacBookPro using Mac Mail and comcast broadband cable with my own domain. Many of my friends and business associates and even myself CANT EVER receive ANY email sent by me if it contains my phone number appears in the text of the email ANYWHERE UNLESS I take out the dashes and or spaces between area code prefix & number. i.e if anywhere in the email text Tele: 530-272-5916 or 530 272 5916 appears it will not be received on the other end. UNLESS I remove the dashes and or spaces then all email with for example Tele: 5302725916 in the text goes right thru to everyone successfully. Is it possible for servers to peg phone numbers somehow and look, scan, ad filter for them in emails and then prevent those emails from ever being delivered or something ???

Have you ever heard of such a thing ??

Thanks,
    Brad Evans
    mail@bradevans.com
    http://www.ezconstructionloan.com/
    Tel: 5302725916
    Fax: 5302735636

2. sjinsjca macrumors 68000

sjinsjca

Have you made a habit of mass-emailing "ez construction loan" promotions? All it takes is a few people--maybe only one--hitting their spam button to add you to the blacklist databases that many ISPs, organizations and individuals use to filter incoming email (whether they even know it or not).

My hypothesis is that your emails are being flagged as spam, and that the recognition filters include your phone number as a major part of their trigger. Removing the hyphens is enough to fool the filter... for now.

3. mysterytramp macrumors 65816

mysterytramp

This is definitely weird ...

Do you have any anti-spyware, anti-viral software loaded?

Does the host of your domain have any particular identity protection software loaded?

Have you checked to see what processes you have running when you send e-mail?

What happens if you try to send email to the same account? What do the headers say?

mt

4. bradevans thread starter macrumors newbie

Maybe you are a genius and my savior !

sounds like the best explanation Ive heard yet

Thanks for your input !!
    Brad
    mail@bradevans.com

5. bradevans thread starter macrumors newbie

I think the lady above may have nailed it !!

I cant see the headers on email that never comes back to me.
    No filters or firewall here that would filter email to just some people while not the others ?

I think the lady above may have nailed it !!
    Thanks for your input however !!
    Brad
    mail@bradevans.com