Difficult Question, Please Help

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by gilbert1020, May 31, 2009.

  1. gilbert1020 macrumors regular


    Oct 5, 2008
    I have a 13 Inch macbook which I use on an hp 2009m external display.
    In my room I have a kenwood audio-video surround reciever.
    It has alot of avaliable inputs to add speakers which I have added all throughout my bedroom.
    What kind of a cable would I need to listen to my music from those speakers, what kind of cable would be needed that plugs into the red and white slots on the back of the reciever that can also plug into the "audio input" on my mac.
    I think it might be an RCA Stereo adapter

    is it this?

    Attached Files:

  2. p.luik macrumors regular

    Jan 18, 2008
    Faribault, MN
    That is the correct cable. Also, if the signal "comes out" of the connector, it is an output. They are not all inputs.
  3. p.luik macrumors regular

    Jan 18, 2008
    Faribault, MN
    BTW, this is one of the most simple, easy to answer questions I have answered in a long time. Not really a "Difficult Question".
  4. spice weasel macrumors 65816

    Jul 25, 2003
    As p.luik said, the cable that you showed is the right one. You can also use a Toslink (optical audio) cable with a mini-plug at one end if your receiver has a Toslink input. For stereo music, there won't be a difference. But if you have a 5.1 system and the proper speakers, that's the only way to get discrete surround sound (other than HDMI). Toslink cables are pretty cheap at monoprice.com.
  5. surflordca macrumors 6502a


    Nov 16, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    Only because you knew the answer. A lot of people wouldn't ;)

Share This Page