Difficulties when installing

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by knew2mack, Oct 1, 2010.

1. knew2mack macrumors regular

knew2mack

AAArrrrrgggggghhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

Ok, here I am again friends, hoping you can help me to figure this out. Any time I try to download & install something (ie. an article submitter), the instructions say to 'save' it, by right clicking. I have done so, but I never get a 'save' option, when right clicking. Also, if I just download it & try to open it, the screen is full of random characters, of which I have NO idea how to convert.

I have tried 'wine bottler' per advice, but have no idea (once again) how to use it.

This happens often when I try to download various things and I would like to figure out how to get around this issue, once and for all!!!!

Don't forget, A B C......step-by-novice-step!!!!!

thanks so much
    Dawn

this is what comes up when I right click

Attached Files:

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

You may be trying to download and install Windows files (.exe) on the Mac

Can you be more specific about the exact files involved?

3. GfulDedFan macrumors 65816

GfulDedFan

Hey Dawn -

I'll assume you have a MacBook or at least use OSX since you're in the MacBook forum. Are the applications that you're having problems with Mac compatible? Are you using windows on your Mac as well? via Boot Camp or a virtual machine application? GDF

4. knew2mack thread starter macrumors regular

knew2mack

Hi,

Yes, Macbook, 13" Unibody. I am not using windows on it. I'm guessing the files I am trying to install/download are from a windows program (not even sure if I'm using the correct terminology)

Specifically, I am trying to download Viral Submitter Prohttp://ewealthtraining.com/viral-submitter-pro-software-download

As I mentioned, this has happened several times and at the time, I just gave up. I did install 'wine' or 'wine bottler', but just can't seem to figure out how to use it.

I'm sure there is some simple app out there that can help me with my issues, can anyone direct me there????

thanks