Difficulties with titles in iMovie

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mac3687, Nov 25, 2007.

1. mac3687 macrumors member

I wanted to add a title to the beginning of a video project I'm working on, but I couldn't figure out how to line up the text just the way I wanted it (image enclosed) so I made the title up in Photoshop since I had more flexibility... I working in widescreen MiniDV, so I made two title in Photoshop, one on an image 1600 by 900 pixels, and another on a page made 869 by 480 pixels (I read somewhere this was the size to use). The problem is that once iMovie opens the image, the text gets very blurry. Am I doing something wrong? Or, could someone explain to me how to add the title the way it is now but in iMovie itself? Thanks guys...

[​IMG]

2. mac3687 thread starter macrumors member

3. 66217 Guest

iMovie editing is quite limited for that, and I really don't know for sure how you can move the text around. I think using Subtitle format is the closest you can get.

As for it appearing blurry, it is normal. Once you burn it and see it in your TV it will look much better.
    Some recommendation to keep in mind:
    1. When using iDVD to burn, select in Preferences the encoding option to best quality, not best performance.
    2. I read somewhere that using images at 72 dpi is better.

I hope this helps.:)