Difficulty getting return labels for my refurbished iMac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by penduboy, Jul 12, 2011.

1. penduboy macrumors member

I am having difficulty getting return labels for my refurbished iMac. I initiated the return on July 8th and the CR said I will get lables within 24 hours..but was not there...call again they said don't worry we will send them again and wait for 24 hours....waited and no lables....verified my email address and I gave another email address...send them again.....but no luck....called them again this morning....gave another email address.....and they asked me to again wait for 24 hours.......

I don't know how long it will take......any one else have experience like this.

Thanks, Pendu.

2. fivedots macrumors 6502a

Exact same situation, also with a refurb. Initiated return yesterday, no labels today. Called, verified email, resend, still no labels.

If you are in Canada, make sure they are choosing UPS and not FedEx. Mine was done incorrectly the first time, so I hope to see the labels within 24 hours.

3. penduboy thread starter macrumors member

I am in Canada and they verify my address everytime I call, and I guess they know where to send these labels. But thanks for the tip and I will check with them when I give them a call again. Did you got your labels or not yet?

4. fivedots macrumors 6502a

Not yet. First call was 10am yesterday, second call was 10am today. So there's still hope. Since the labels depend on integration with the carrier and come from them, it makes sense they'd take a bit longer.

The girl on the second call indicated that often the carrier is chosen wrong. They probably tune out when verifying your address for security reasons and don't even make the association. I know my first one was incorrect, because he mentioned FedEx several times.

That said, very impressed with the service over the phone, and the complete lack of waiting on hold. At least this week. Almost makes up for the yellow iMac I received. Almost.

5. penduboy thread starter macrumors member

Just called them again and verifed with them that they know I am in Canada and ask them to double check that they are sending it to UPS and the CR said that their system won't let him send the FedEx one even if he want to.

Thanks and good luck to you for receiving your labels.

Penduboy

6. fivedots macrumors 6502a

Interesting. Looks like there's some delay in the integration with UPS.

7. penduboy, Jul 12, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2011

penduboy thread starter macrumors member

Got an email from the manager, saying that system is down :confused:

8. fivedots macrumors 6502a

Interesting. Make sure to ask for an extended 'Return By' date due to all the delays.

9. penduboy thread starter macrumors member

They said, I am fine for that as I have already initiated my return within the 14 days window.....but I don't want to wait for another week or so to get my labels as it is quite frustrating. :(

10. fivedots macrumors 6502a

I would tell them you've already purchased a replacement machine (Maybe in-store? Depends on your reason for return.) and are currently carrying the cost of both machines, which you were fine with until the delays made it more challenging. Perhaps they will at least compensate you for your time and multiple calls to support.

11. penduboy thread starter macrumors member

Finally got the labels :). It took 5 days and over 10 call and they compensate with the following coupons.

$15 off an order of $100 or more (excluding sales tax and applicable shipping charges)
    $30 off an order of $200 or more (excluding sales tax and applicable shipping charges)
    $45 off an order of $300 or more (excluding sales tax and applicable shipping charges)

12. fivedots, Jul 12, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2011

fivedots macrumors 6502a

Not a fan of compensation by coupon, but I guess it's better than nothing.

Still waiting for my labels.

EDIT: Got them now.