Difficulty in rotating to change to panoramic orientation!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by atomheartmother, Mar 31, 2008.

1. atomheartmother macrumors regular

I'm having difficulty in getting the screen to re-orient to panoramic (or portrait) orientation when I rotate the Touch. Often, I'll physically rotate the Touch, but the screen orientation won't change to match the Touch orientation. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. This happens both with Safari and Music. Any tricks/tips to get it to work all the time?

2. FishStik macrumors newbie

The accelorometer won't work if your Touch is parallel to the ground. You need to hold it perpendicular to the ground for it to work.

It's annoying, I know.

3. woodyman macrumors newbie

Thanks FishStik for that tip. I've gone crazy sometimes trying to change orientation.

4. atomheartmother thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks. I can't believe that the manual doesn't mention this (or, at least, I didn't notice it in the manual). I thought my Touch as on the fritz.

5. Resist macrumors 68030

6. baadtaste macrumors member

baadtaste

ahh - yes without gravity we would have very different gadgets :D

7. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

I know how you feel I have to sometimes tilt the touch towards me before I can view track listings from being in album flow view thingy (Thats the technical term lol)

8. DuckSoup macrumors 6502a

DuckSoup

Guess that means that Coverflow is pretty much useless and 100% unattainable on the Space Station eh?

Mike

9. baadtaste macrumors member

baadtaste

Not at all unattainable - you can use sentrifugal forces instead of gravity - just swing the thing in an arc over your head or something - and remember that any action creates a counteraction. (especially if you hit any fellow astronauts)
    :p