Difficulty swiping page forward in Safari

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by bmac89, Jul 8, 2017.

1. bmac89 macrumors 6502a

bmac89

Hello,

Anyone else notice that swipe page forward in Safari doesn’t work well. If you use your fingertip to swipe from the right edge it does nothing but if you place your entire finger flat and swipe it works.

I’m assuming it is due to the redesigned slide over, because when an app is activated in slide over but hidden it is no longer even possible to swipe page forward as the entire edge of the screen is active to bring back the slide over app. Previously only the centre of the right edge was active to bring back slide over and above/below was for swiping page forward. This is not a big issue for me as I rarely swipe forward but it could be improved as long as it doesn’t obstruct slide over.

However it does seem swipe to go back has been improved. There is no longer a delay to swipe back multiple pages. In previous versions of iOS it would need to reload the page before you could swipe back again.

Thanks

2. Feenician macrumors 68040

Feenician

I’m not having any issues with the forward swipe gesture generally but, yes, the slideover thing does get in the way.

What I do is, whether the slideover app is on or off screen, do a long swipe left, starting with your finger off screen. This moves the slideover app to the left out of the way. Then, a short swipe left (again, starting with your finger just off screen on the right) goes forward.

Like you though, I don’t use the gesture much, or even forward in general much

3. bmac89 thread starter macrumors 6502a

bmac89

It definitely isn’t working with my fingertip like it does for page back swipe.
    Thanks for the suggestion for slide over.

4. Feenician macrumors 68040

Feenician

Weird. Hopefully it will get fixed next week in the updates.

5. bmac89 thread starter macrumors 6502a

bmac89

I’m not really worried about the swipe forward, however unfortunetly it appears that the improvement with swipe backwards is no longer there in PB2. It is back to the normal behaviour of previous versions of iOS where there is a delay while it loads the webpage before you can swipe back a second time.

6. GreyOS macrumors 68030

GreyOS

Great to hear
    --- Post Merged, Jul 13, 2017 ---
    Oh :(