Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WhiteHawk

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 16, 2008
So, this the second time this has happened, first it was with the iPhone 15 Pro preorder and now with the iPad Pro releasing next week.

That is I preordered the iPhone 15 Pro and it seemed to go through, the next day I wake up and it’s been declined, I get hold of the bank (HSBC) and they say nothing has been blocked, I try redoing the order and changing payment method and the verification box doesn’t even load and is just a blank box with a rotating circle below it, or if it does load it comes back Authorisation failed, and so I get no where then all of a sudden some days later the order goes through and the money is taken.

Yesterday I preordered one of the new iPad Pro’s and it went through but I wake up today and it’s the same thing again, it’s declined, check with bank, nothing, I try redoing the payment method, it fails and on it goes.

What is going on, never had an issue preordering Apple devices before this and the same payment method works if I buy stuff from Apple that is already available including through the Apple Store app, it’s only preorders that don’t work properly it seems.

So I have no idea now if the money will be taken in a few days and I will get my purchase or not, it’s infuriating, anyone have the same problem?

• Haha
Reactions: Surf Monkey
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.