digg app

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by MaroW, Jun 23, 2009.

1. MaroW macrumors member

anyone know any good app for digg? using shovel right now but they havnt updated it in ages... i so wished for it to at least be able to use the inapp emailing of 3.0... and/or copy/paste... but nothing... so i guess ill have to look for something new...

2. MyJelleo macrumors 6502

Nope. There are currently no good Digg apps available. The ones that are available are very mediocre.

The best thing to do is just to visit the iphone-compatible digg website until something official comes out.

3. MaxPower49 macrumors 6502a

I'd love a good digg app too... let me know if you find one. I'm surprised there isn't an official digg app.

4. Tubink macrumors regular

5. MaroW thread starter macrumors member

visiting the mobile site in safari is even worse than using shovel... meh... maybe theres something like digg but with a good iphone app? all im interested in is random but cool news and stories...

6. normwood macrumors 6502a

normwood

If you do the newsreader thing they have a decent feed.

Steve

7. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

I saw it! In person! I work for an IT department with a university, where I often work one-on-one with students. Today I met a girl who had the "DiggTest" app installed on her iPhone! "Where did you get that?!" I asked her. She just said that she got it off the App Store, but around nine or ten months ago. She uses it all the time apparently.

Found an example of what it looks like.

"I guess they took it off," she said. Wish I had something to prove the story, but I'll let you know that I've seen it, and it's definitely out there.

8. angle macrumors regular

9. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

Yes, because everyone routinely takes pics of other people's phones.

10. RodThePlod macrumors 6502a

RodThePlod

Maybe check out Top-Tens? It's not a specific digg app, but one of the Top 10 lists you can sub to is Top 10 Digg news items.

Cheers,

RTP.

11. MaxPower49 macrumors 6502a

12. Badandy macrumors 68040

Badandy

He was working in the IT department...

13. normwood macrumors 6502a

normwood

The only problem with this is that since Digg is so active you get like five thousand, million billion feeds every day. Can be a little annoying.

Steve

14. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

Haha, I really wish I would have. Although I admit "taking-a-picture-of-it-just-to-show-MacRumors!" wasn't the first thing on my mind. It DOES allow you digg stories though, which would be very helpful obviously.

I just wonder though, if she had it installed -- and thought nothing of it -- there's got to be somebody else out there who has it.

Anyway, maybe she'll come back in for help sometime. Granted, there's 28,000 students at the school, so... what are my chances? :)

15. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

It is weird there is no offical app from Digg, especially that Kevin Rose is such an Apple fan boy.

16. MaxPower49 macrumors 6502a

I thought "Shovel" was initially a pay app, but digg has some kind of policy that you can't profit off of them so they had to make it free. The "diggle" app has been raised from free to $2.99 though. Wonder how long that will last?

17. ashlopedia macrumors newbie

I got the app like a few months ago. It's quite nice and clean.
    [​IMG][​IMG]