Digidesign 002 Rack and Logic 9

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by mrmeister, Jun 9, 2010.

1. mrmeister macrumors regular

Hi,

Currently I have a CME keyboard with 2 inputs on the back but I have been saving for a proper sound card. I now have an opportunity to buy a Digidesign 002 rack from someone I know, which sounds great, but I am a Logic user.

My MBP is the late 2008 version (specs below), it has firewire 800, but I have an 800 to 400 cable so there's no problem in being able to plug it in.

I'd like to know if it's possible to use the 002 Rack in Logic with all (or most) of its functions - obviously I'd want all the inputs and ADAT capability but to have everything working would be grand.

Also, do you know if it can be used with MainStage 2?

Any help on this subject would be much appreciated thanks,
    mrmeister

2. louis17 macrumors newbie

logic and 002

I have an 002 and an mbox pro, but use an apogee duet in my studio because the integration with logic is better.

If you really need the adat and all the inputs, your issue will be with the digidesign core audio driver (there is a standalone version you can download if you don't own protools LE) - you need to make sure that digi [now avid] is still supporting the 002. Also know that historically digi is VERY slow to update their drivers for mac - especially the non pro-tools drivers - so you may have to wait a year or so (as I did last year) to update your OS, or boot from a second partition with the compatible version of the OS when you use the 002.

3. mrmeister thread starter macrumors regular