Digital A/V Adapter (HDMI)

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Baby-T, Mar 17, 2011.

1. Baby-T macrumors newbie

Hi guys, I have a Digital A/V Adapter w/ HDMI.. and I can't seem to get it working?! I've tried it on my iPhone 4 and iPad 2...

2. rittchard macrumors 6502

I assume you are talking about the new adapter just released? I had some problems getting it to work, but after a reboot it seemed fine. When it works, it just works immediately - I'm talking bout mirroring on iPad 2 specifically.

3. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

I just plugged one end into the iPad2 and the other in the hdmi port on the TV and it worked. Mirrored just fine.

4. mytran80 macrumors regular

I'm using it on my iPad 1 and it works great , mirrors just fine on the apps that I tested on just fine

5. jameslikeness macrumors member

jameslikeness

My iPad 2 seems to be doing something a little funny with the adapter. When it's mirroring, it's outputting 4:3, which is what I would expect. However, when I try to play videos from the "Videos" app, it still thinks that my screen is 4:3. Even when I go into Settings… Video… TV Out, and set it to Widescreen, it still seems to be outputting video at 4:3 with black bars.

This is where it's weird though: In the Netflix app, it seems to be doing what it's supposed to. The Netflix logo pops up, and it's in 16:9. And when Netflix plays video, it plays it in widescreen.

So why would the Netflix app be able to output widescreen, but not the Videos app? I've checked the video files I'm playing, and two of them are purchased from the iTunes store, so I would assume they would be perfect candidates for outputting in widescreen format.

Any ideas?

6. dagomike macrumors 65816

Some cables can be finicky. I think the way the adapter is so short and not very flexible, and generally HDMI cables are heavy and not very flexible, the connection can be touchy.