Digital Art Student here

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AnthrMacUser, Jun 18, 2010.

1. AnthrMacUser macrumors newbie

Hey everyone, I'm new to mac. My very first macbook pro 15" laptop for college next week, I'm studying to be a digital art major. I do not have a SSD on my 15", but it does have the i5 core. I am looking to getting a SSD in the near future. Perhaps next year, for my almost second year in college. I'm kinda looking more at the price range of $100 - $400. What are the recommendations? And is there a website I can look or order? I'm not sure where to start since I'm new to this. Anyone know how to install it as well? I tried mroogle for this but didn't get much result that I'm looking for. Any digital art students or teachers out there or someone interested in this field as well with a 15"?

2. robotmonkey macrumors 6502

Don't use kingston hahaha. In 6 months to a year or so we may be seeing a 160 GB ssd for $200, something that is currently $400. OCZ, Intel, SanDisk, and Samsung, to name a few, are all trusted names, but OCZ seems to be the best value (while still being a reliable drive) and Intel seems to be the best quality.

3. AnthrMacUser thread starter macrumors newbie