Digital audio drivers

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by pmauro55, Aug 17, 2015.

1. pmauro55 macrumors newbie

I have a Mac pro (2009) and recently I attempted to use the digital audio output with my tv (I play movies from my mac pro) and got an error telling me there are no drivers, where can I get them?

2. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

What's the TV model? Was it standard optical digital output or something like HDMI? Does the issue persist after restarting?

3. pmauro55 thread starter macrumors newbie

It is a Sharp aquos 65" with standard optical plug not hdmi my mac pro doesn't have hdmi

4. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

I've tried having a look on Sharp's website without much luck. Literally no drivers listed for it, they don't even have TVs listed in the product category. Honestly for something like digital audio I wouldn't have thought it'd need a driver, especially on OS X.

Could you screenshot the exact message that you get please?

5. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

I'm pretty sure there's nothing wrong with the Mac's digital audio. The Aquos has a digital audio "OUT" only.

6. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

Wait, I'm confused. So you're trying to play sounds from your Mac Pro to come out of the Aquos? But if the Aquos has got audio-out only and no audio-in, I assume that wouldn't work.

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding here.

You mentioned you don't have HDMI. Have you tried a MiniDisplay>HDMI converter and plugging it in that way? That should work.

7. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

I think your misunderstanding is that I'm not the OP.

8. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

:oops:

Well at any rate, if you're right and it only has a digital-out, I guess that's the OP's problem :D