digital av adapter and the new ipad (compatability)

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Bathplug, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Bathplug macrumors 6502a

Is it safe to buy the digital av adapter for the new ipad to watch movies on a tv via hdmi. Any rumors of a new av adapter coming out? I ask because I believe it only supports 720p?

2. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

Before throwing away $40 I would wait. Unless there is something in the wiring in the ipad or in the adapter, the adapter is merely ajumper between the 30 pin connector and the hdmi cable.
    Since the adapter I am using works with the 4s, I can only assume it will work with the iPad 1080p output

3. Bathplug thread starter macrumors 6502a

Does it do 1080p out with your 4s?

4. mikepro macrumors 6502

Unless you need ultra portability, why not just get an Apple TV, and then you can play stuff wirelessly to it?

5. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

If you have a movie on you phone Or pad with the adapter and hdmi cable it can be connected to and monitor with hdmi without the need of a network.

Also, the phone or pad doesn't require a remote.

I have some 1080p clips that play just fine. The panasonic p55vt30 says 1080p.

1080p takes up so much space. Compression is a great thing but not when it comes to video and audio.

----------

I am sure apple will put a spin on the new adapter to make the consumer think their old connector needs to be replaced, long with their hdmi cable.
    Of course a price bump would also be expected for the new cable

6. volntitan macrumors 6502

I ordered on with my iPad, what makes anyone think they will change the adapter?

As far as compression, you'll have to compress your video quite a bit to play 1080p off the ipad